Competition Number: REQ 4290
TITLE: Manager, Divisional Marketing
SALARY: Full Time Admin, Band 11, $86,568 - $108,209 per year
LOCATION: 210 King St.E.
STATUS: Full Time Admin
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we are committed to maintaining a safe learning, working, and living environments for all members of our community. For our latest updates related to COVID-19, please visit - https://www.georgebrown.ca/covid-19.
George Brown College is located on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and other Indigenous peoples who have lived here over time. We are grateful to share this land as treaty people who learn, work, and live in the community with each other.
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Manager, Divisional Marketing is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of marketing strategies that address the College’s strategic enrolment priorities and for enhancing the College’s overall image and position in the marketplace. The Manager, Divisional Marketing in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office and the Manager, Digital Engagement contribute to the college’s conversion strategy using business-to-consumer marketing initiatives and oversee the student calling team. The incumbent will coordinate and complete an annual strategic and integrated consumer marketing plan to support the academic divisions that aligns with the annual business planning goals aligned to corporate priorities.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to build both awareness and positively differentiate the George Brown College brand to business/industry target groups at both the corporate and divisional levels.
- Plans and directs business to consumer advertising, direct marketing, social media, and email marketing campaigns for the College in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and the Managers for Digital Engagement and Digital Experience.
- Contributes to the identification, selection, and application of specific Marketing needs; investigates, recommends and implements appropriate technologies in concert with the College’s suppliers.
- Overseas the creation and implementation of Academic Division plans; monitors/reviews all marketing initiatives to evaluate their adequacy/effectiveness and recommends modifications as needed.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives, inputs/implements policies and procedures.
- Monitors and prepares reports of budget expenditures using alternative cost-saving methods and revenue generating initiatives to meet operational objectives in a cost-effective way and generates optimum ROI.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the Marketing Business to Consumer and Academic budget under the authority of the Director of Marketing.
- Evaluates and investigate, optimal use of human, fiscal and physical resources, reallocating resources as necessary.
- Represents the College on college committees and external organizations
- Other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Four-year degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Business Administration with Marketing Major and Direct Marketing or Advertising designations an asset.
- Seven (7) years progressive experience in in developing marketing strategies and conducting market research projects.
- Proven experience in all aspects of the marketing mandate for a large multi-faceted progressive organization.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental marketing principles and market research.
- Excellent financial management and budget forecasting skills.
- Proficiency on computer skills such as word processing, desktop publishing and multi-media presentation.
- Exceptional written and editorial skills.
- Familiarity with and understanding of a complex, multi-stakeholder environment and sensitivity to issues of diversity of the population that George Brown College serves.
- Excellent organization, planning, research, analytical and intuitive skills.
- Service-focused leadership skills; change leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated discretion, tact, and ability to motivate changes in staff culture and performance.
- Must be able to generate ideas for improvement in different areas, take initiative and follow through on improvements.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, risk management and dispute resolution skills.
- Results oriented and ethical decision-making ability. Ability to build a high-performance culture.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience, and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, click here to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the “Employment at George Brown” link or click on the ‘apply’ button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: Open until filled
George Brown College is committed to creating and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment. We encourage and actively seek applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized people, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Candidates who require accommodation in the interview process may contact email@example.com and all information received will be addressed confidentially.
As a unionized workplace, we support our internal employees by providing first consideration to qualified applications as set out in the Collective Agreement.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca.